Thursday 1 September 2016

What's on the table - August 2016 UPDATE

Updates to the original list:
  • Privateer Press Hordes Satyr Shadowhorn – COMPLETED
  • Oathsworn Miniatures Burrows and Badgers - Mouse Knight - some progress, base textured
  • Oathsworn Miniatures Burrows and Badgers Ferret Rogue COMPLETED 
  • Oathsworn Miniatures Burrows and Badgers Fox Brigand – COMPLETED 
  • Cromwell 1/76th Pz IV H – no progress
  • Airfix 1/76th Cromwell Mk IV – COMPLETED
  • Airfix 1/76th Opel Blitz – COMPLETED
  • Revell 1/144th Hawker Hurricane – good progress, just detailing and decals to complete
  • Revell 1/144th Bf-109E – good progress, just detailing and decals to complete
  • Revell 1/76th Sherman Firefly – COMPLETED
  • Newline Designs 10mm Greek Hoplites - no progress
 Additional items I worked on:
  • Newline Designs 10mm Greek Hoplites - additional 23 figures cleaned and primed
August was quite productive considering I spent a lot of time watching the Olympic cycling and gymnastics and Team GB generally being very impressive. How refreshing it was to watch what appear to be intelligent, normal, well-rounded people represent their country with pride, dignity and integrity.  The contrast couldn't be greater to the Euros debacle. Rant over and back to the important stuff.    

All of the 2014 purchased figures are now complete which is a milestone I'm pleased to have achieved. And for the first time since I started this blog I don't have any Privateer Press figures on the table. I love these but I take a lot of time trying to do them justice. For the time it took me to do the five figures that I've completed this year I could do platoons of 15 or 20mm figures. I've still got a Gatormen posse unit and the Carnivean/Ravagore/Scythean kit to do but they were 2016 purchases and are well down the schedule. Once I've completed the 10mm Hoplites that'll be 2015's purchases completed as well. I think that the blog is serving it's purpose of keeping me focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment